The Douglas C-47 Skytrain (“aerial train”) also called “Dakota” (DACoTA, or Douglas Aircraft Company Transport Aircraft) is one of the most popular transport aircraft of World War II. Produced by the USA, it was also used by armies of other Allied countries. It was based on the design of the civilian version of the Douglas DC-3. It performed in principle on all fronts of World War II and was operated long after it ended. It served, among other things, for the landing of paratroopers and towing gliders, as well as transporting supplies, ammunition and evacuating the wounded.
In the early stages of the blockade of West Berlin (1948–1949), the burden of maintaining the air transportation rested on the Douglas C-47 Skytrain (Dakota). Later, it was gradually replenished and replaced by the Douglas C-54 Skymaster and Avro York machines and British flying boats Short Sunderland.
- 540 high quality components,
- produced in the EU by a company with more than 20 years of tradition,
- bricks meet safety standards for children’s products,
- fully compatible with other design brick brands,
- printed blocks do not deform and do not fade during play or under the influence of temperature,
- clear and intuitive instruction based on drawings and icons,
- pilot figurine.
Model dimensions (length x width x height): 44.5 cm (17.5″) x 56 cm (22″) x 12 cm (4.7″)