The USS TANG is an American Balao-class submarine from the Second World War. The ship’s armament included 24 torpedoes, an anti-aircraft gun and two machine guns. The maximum tested operational depth was 180 meters. It was launched on August 17, 1943. On October 24, 1944, the Tang was sunk during its fifth patrol. The sole commander of the unit was Richard O’Kane, who, along with eight sailors, survived the ship’s catastrophe and remained in Japanese captivity until the end of the war. Statistics indicate that the USS TANG was the most successful submarine in the Pacific. It sunk between 24 and 31 enemy vessels.
The model of the famous submarine was entirely designed with Polish COBI construction blocks in a sensational model scale of 1:144! The set consists of 777 elements and includes an accessory in the form of a detachable side plating of the hull, under which there is a block-built model of the engine. The perfectly reproduced USS TANG model measures 66 cm in length. All graphic elements are permanent prints that do not wear off even during intense use. Accessories such as the US flag, movable artillery barrels and turbines increase the realism of the model.
The USS TANG can be beautifully displayed on the included block base, which includes a plate with the name of the ship printed on it.
The ship will be an ideal gift for every fan of military and marine history. It will look great on a desk, bookcase or shelf with other military collectibles. Build history, piece by piece, with COBI!
- 777 high-quality blocks,
- Produced in the EU by a company with over 20 years of tradition,
- The blocks meet the safety standards of products for children,
- Fully compatible with other brands of construction blocks,
- Blocks with prints do not scratch or smear and do not fade during play or under the influence of temperature,
- Clear and intuitive instructions based on illustrations and step-by-step directions,
- Display stand with the name of the ship,
- Scale 1:144 model.